NASA NP01 Built by Élan – Specifications.
- Center Single Seat Enclosed Prototype Component Race Car for NASA Prototype Competition
- Composite Body with Easily Replaced Sections to Reduce Repair Costs
- Opening Prototype Style Doors with Latches
- Functional Front Splitter
- Adjustable Full Width Rear Wing
- Head, Tail and Rain Lights Windshield Wiper
- Polycarbonate Windshield and Side Windows
- 1018 Steel Tube Frame, Tig Welded with Integral Roll Cage Structure
- Side Intrusion Protection Bars
- Force Attenuation Nose Box Structure
- Fully Adjustable Suspension with MCS Double Adjustable Shocks
- 235/40/17 Toyo Proxes RR Tires
- 17 x 9 OZ Wheels
- StopTech Forged aluminum 4 Piston Brake Calipers
- HUGE 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats
- 11 gal Pyrotect Fuel Cell
- Safecraft 5lb electric Fire suppression system
- Sealed Mazda 2.0 Liter MZR Engine with Dry Sump (Approx. 185 HP)
- 6 Speed Sequential Sadev SL-75 Transaxle
- ACT 8lb steel Flywheel and race clutch disc
- AEM Infinity8 Sealed ECU
- AIM MXL2 Dash (Upgrade to MXS/MXG available)
- Approx. 1450 Lbs.
- 102” Wheelbase
- 161.0” Overall Length
- 43.9” Max Height
- 75.4” Max Width
- 155 Max Speed
The NP01 Component Race Car includes all components necessary to assemble a running, drivable NP01. The only items needed in addition to the original order are safety belts, nets, fluids and fuel. Everything else is included; chassis, body, engine, transaxle, seat, wheels, a set of race tires, all necessary hardware and fasteners, wiring, ECU, all suspension components, etc. (It is highly recommended that assembly be completed by an experience, competent technician familiar with race car design, assembly and operation)
The NP01 was designed for straight forward assembly with typical shop tools and no welding necessary. Typical assembly time is 75 to 100 hours.
Elan offers assembly services for those who want a “turn-key” car. Please contact NASA for further information.
- Cool Suit System
- Endurance Lighting Kit
- Windscreen Demisting Kit
- Helmet Cooling Kit
- Quick Fuel Dry Break Kit
- Alignment Tool Kit
- Radio Mounting Kit
- Custom Made Low Profile Jack
HOW TO ORDER
Ready to order your Élan NP01? You won’t regret it! Please click on the link below to use Élan Motorsports Technologies’ convenient online order form.
Should you like to receive future news & updates about the NASA Prototype Series or to request more information about the NP01 race car, simply Contact NASA or call (510) 232-NASA.
All the above are subject to change without notice.